- Yes Arrive at airport on time with our mountain of luggage.
- Yes Check all luggage and not have to pay more on excess baggage. (they showed mercy)
- Yes Make it through security with all our stuff. (confiscated duct tape, matches & knife)
- Yes Don't get our carry-on baggage weighed, which was so far over the limit.
- Yes Get through second security point. (almost lost rope and knitting needles)
- Yes Safe flight to Lima
- Yes Get passports stamped for 180 days.
- Yes Make it through immigration with no problems.
- Yes Pick up all luggage with none lost.
- Yes Make it through customs without being taxed.
- Yes Hire a van to take us to the apartment we rented for a week.
- Yes Find the apartment and get settled.
- Pray Contact guy that is helping us get visas
- Pray Safety while traveling around Lima (10 million people)
- Pray Sign contract for Cusco apartment and pay for it.
- Pray Successfully start visa paper work within our allotted week in Lima.
- Pray Meet with our Peruvian brothers in Lima
- Pray Get a ride with all stuff to Airport.
- Pray Once again, check all luggage without being overweight.
- Pray Don't have carry-on baggage weighed. They give you 22lbs but Kim had 80lbs.
- Pray Fly safe to Cusco.
- Pray Collect all luggage.
- Pray Transport to apartment and begin settling.
Sunday, August 12, 2012
We made it!
So after 359 days, we finally arrived in Peru permanently. God is so good and everything went far better that we could have hoped. God used your prayers to acomplish His will. Glory to Him. Here is a list of what has been complete and what still needs to be prayed for.