Yesterday, Kim and I graduated from language school. It was a great ceremony and the close of another season of our lives. I wonder what God has in His perfect plan for all the missionaries that are leaving. Some will have productive, glorifying ministries while others will return to the States whole others will be martyred. It has been hard once again saying goodbye to our dear brothers and sisters in Christ that are now a new part of our life. But we must go to another land to proclaim the gospel. We must press forward and finish the race.
Packing up our entire life in 13 suitcase once again, has been interesting. We long to be settled. Just think how difficult it can be to move within your own town, or across the State, or to another State, or across the United States. Well when you move everything to two countries and are limited by the airline baggage regulations, it is a challenge to say the least. Please pray that our luggage all gets to Lima and Cusco on time.
Please also pray for our safety as we have a lot of traveling to do and especially while getting around in Lima. Please pray for the Killillay and Martinez families to be able to find an apartment to rent. Mostly please pray that we will hold fast to our faith, cling to Christ, depend on Him, and find our contentment, joy and peace in Him and not the circumstances we will face.
Here is a recap on the prayer requests:
- No problems at the airport with luggage and that it all arrives.
- 183 day visa stamp at immigration tomorrow.
- Resident visa process will be started in our week in Lima with no delays.
- Safety in travel and protection in Lima.
- Find our contentment and peace in Christ and not the stressful circumstances.
- The spiritual battle that is already upon us. Pray for unity, grace, and peace.