Because we only get one free suitcase on the flight to Cusco we must pay for many extras and it will cost a lot. I think we are going to ship our luggage by truck to Cusco. This seems a little sketchy since basically everything we own in the world is in those few boxes but others have told me it is reliable. Pray that our stuff makes it. We will probably ship it on Tuesday.
I have been running around all day trying to complete all the many tasks that need to be done. Kim and the kids have been holding down the fort at the apartment we rented. They have managed to escape every now and again and go for a walk or buy food for dinner. All is going well here for us. God is so good.
Here is an updated checklist:
- Yes Arrive at airport on time with our mountain of luggage.
- Yes Check all luggage and not have to pay more on excess baggage. (they showed mercy)
- Yes Make it through security with all our stuff. (confiscated duct tape, matches & knife)
- Yes Don't get our carry-on baggage weighed, which was so far over the limit.
- Yes Get through second security point. (almost lost rope and knitting needles)
- Yes Safe flight to Lima
- Yes Get passports stamped for 180 days.
- Yes Make it through immigration with no problems.
- Yes Pick up all luggage with none lost.
- Yes Make it through customs without being taxed.
- Yes Hire a van to take us to the apartment we rented for a week.
- Yes Find the apartment and get settled.
- Yes Contact guy that is helping us get visas
- Pray Safety while traveling around Lima (10 million people)
- Yes Sign contract for Cusco apartment and pay for it.
- Pray Successfully start visa paper work within our allotted week in Lima.
- Pray Meet with our Peruvian brothers in Lima
- Pray Get a ride with all stuff to Airport.
- Pray Ship luggage to Cusco by truck.
- Pray Fly safe to Cusco.
- Pray Collect all luggage.
- Pray Transport to apartment and begin settling.