We are heading back into the jungle on Thursday to mainly teach in the far village of Nazaret, but also to teach and encourage brothers in three churches along the way. Mike Hyatt, Kyle Brown, and I will join our Peruvian friend Ronaldo, who will help translate, and pastor Miguel from Satipo.
- Please pray that God's name to be made great and glorified among all the people we will meet and teach in our travels.
- Please pray that we will clearly communicate the truth of the Scriptures, despite the language barrier.
- Please pray that the Spirit will use the Word to awaken people to the truth and free them from their bondage to sin.
- Please pray that we will be safe in our travels by plane, bus, truck, boat, and foot.
- Please pray that we will be able to meet up with our contacts and that nothing hinders our connections with them
- Please pray that the people in Nazaret village will be attentive and hungry for the Word of God and that their will not be the usual distractions to prevent them from hearing.
Our itinerary is as follows:
September 3rd, Thursday: Fly from Cusco to Lima. Take the night bus all night to Tarma
September 4th, Friday: Arrive in Tarma early in the morning. Meet with a group of brothers to teach and give them books from the Gospel Coalition. Spend the night in Tarma.
September 5th, Saturday: Travel to Pichanaki to meet with a pastor named Roric and the church. Travel to Satipo to preach in the church in the evening. Buy supplies for the village.
September 6th, Sunday: Travel to the village of Mayapo on the Tambo river, which involves a two hour truck ride and a 6 hour boat ride. Meet Wilder and spend the night in Mayapo. Give the few believers hymnals in Ashaninka and build relationships for future opportunities.
September 7th, Monday: Hike 20 kilometers to the village of Nazaret, teach in the evening.
September 8th, Tuesday: Teach all day on prayer. Question and Answer session in the evening.
September 9th, Wednesday: Teach all day on prayer. Question and Answer session in the evening.
September 10th, Thursday: Hike out Thursday morning to the village of Mayapo.
September 11th, Friday: Hopefull hitch a ride on a cargo boat going up river to Puerto Ocopa and then take a truck back to Satipo. Take the night bus from Satipo to Lima. This day will be 16-18 hours of travel.
September 12th, Saturday: Arrive in Lima in the morning. Fly back to Cusco and the States.
We will be teaching the village of Nazaret the following:
What is prayer?
Who does God listen to?
Can prayers be hindered?
False ideas about prayer
Prayer is a Discipline
Prayer is persistent
Prayer is expected
Prayer is learned
Prayer is answered
Prayer is intercessory
Prayer is Petitionary
Prayer of repentance
Prayer of adoration
Prayer of thanksgiving
Prayer in the Spirit
Prayer is decent and in order
Practice of Prayer
Spiritual Warfare and prayer